Rojo_townproject01

Saint Ignatius Mission, located in the center of the Flathead Reservation inside San Ignatius, Mont., was founded in 1854 by Fathers DeSmet, Hoecken, and Menestry, who were Jesuit missionaries. The mission was made with the goal of converting local natives to the Christian faith and way of life. The cornerstone of the present day church was laid in 1891.

Saint Ignatius Mission, located in the center of the Flathead Reservation inside San Ignatius, Mont., was founded in 1854 by Fathers DeSmet, Hoecken, and Menestry, who were Jesuit missionaries. The mission was made with the goal of converting local natives to the Christian faith and way of life. The cornerstone of the present day church was laid in 1891.